Dubai South is an integrated city developed by the Government of Dubai spanning across approximately 145 square kilometres. Dubai South conceptualizes an evolutionary vision and aspires to be ‘The Centre of Tomorrow’.
Dubai South has been previously known as Dubai World Central and currently comprises of 8 districts:-
- Dubai South Residential District: Covering an area of 715 hectare, the Dubai South Residential district comprises state-of-the-art accommodations for mid-wage residents working within the community.
- Dubai South Commercial District: Covering an area of 795 hectares, the Dubai South Commercial District is separated into eight zones each offering a multitude of employment opportunities:-
- The Urban Village
- Lake District
- The Seven Towers
- Central Park
- Creative Commercial District
- Grand Central
- Business District
- Residential Crescent
- Dubai South Logistics District: Dubai South Logistics District facilitates logistical control and promotes efficiency within supply chain management by providing the former and latter with the most advanced facilities to ensure the highest quality of performance.
- Dubai South Aviation District: Covering an area of 7,500 square meters, the Dubai South Aviation District, is to become the world’s largest maintenance, repair and operations centre.
- Dubai South Humanitarian District: The Dubai South Humanitarian District will be utilized in conducting council meetings for humanitarian organisations such as the UN and IHC.
- Dubai South Golf District (Emaar South): The Dubai South Golf District developed by Emaar is an aspiring 18-hole golf course covering an area of almost 2,000 hectares.
- Dubai South Exhibition City: Dubai South Exhibition City will be the location of the renowned Dubai World Expo in 2020.
Dubai South is located alongside Emirates Road and Mohammed Bin Zayed Road and is directly linked to Jebel Ali Port. Dubai South has direct access to the future Etihad Rail network, Al Maktoum International Airport and Jebel Ali Port, granting ease of transportation to multiple other areas in Dubai.